Vox Populi Forum

Link back to Spacegamer Here!

Game Design Secret

The players get powerful over time. At later levels the game would need completely new sets of tables or larger monsters in Gary's Model. That's a ton of work. Instead, the games can have limiters. With something like Insanity or PM Cycle (you'll hate that too), the same Q&D used at level one will be just as scary for a weakened player character at level five.

What has yet to be determined is whether as a Terran becomes Tetchy will he always be that forever onward. Sci-Fi like Fantasy does have it's god moments (even when God needs a starship). Yet divine healing of the Tetchy man -- well, I've never seen it happen in my life. I've seen people change personality; I've never seen them change back to the person they once were.

RPG as a morale lesson, Gary would be appalled.

Yours,

red

Message Replies:
.... The players get powerful over time .... -- Iron Nusselt Number (posted: 4/2/2019) 
Question of Longevity (long) -- red (posted: 4/3/2019) 
One way to handle leveling -- Fredrick Rourk (posted: 4/5/2019) 
Meat of my Argument -- red (posted: 4/5/2019) 
A mess of our own creation .... -- Iron Nusselt Number (posted: 4/5/2019) 
The 5E Thing and the Talking ... -- Iron Nusselt Number (posted: 4/5/2019) 
Nice analysis, but Somber -- red (posted: 4/5/2019) 
The Shadowrun and Vampire Way -- Fredrick Rourk (posted: 4/6/2019) 
Never played Shadowrun -- red (posted: 4/6/2019) 
Just saying you don't need Geometric Progression .... -- Iron Nusselt Number (posted: 4/6/2019) 
Seems like all RPG's use one of three... -- Opinionated Mike (posted: 4/6/2019) 
Cthulhu Stinks -- red (posted: 4/6/2019) 
But then wouldn't you want to die in a collision with a tree than ... -- Iron Nusselt Number (posted: 4/6/2019) 
Cthulhu has its flaws.... -- Mad Mike (posted: 4/8/2019) 
Cutlass style not so much a problem -- red (posted: 4/6/2019) 

Create a New Thread

Reply to this Message:
Name:  
Display Email On Reply Page:  Yes: No:
Email:  
Type "Spammers Suck":  
Message Title:  
| Home |
copyright SpaceGamer, LLC 2003