Vox Populi Forum

Link back to Spacegamer Here!

Something to be said about...

...having a firearm if you plan to head into open water.

People like the blog-couple disappear everyday. Statistically, they won't really meet any trouble staying close to shore in short periods. Ten years of doing this, the actuarial tables suggest they're both dead from storms, food poison, injury, violence in dock, and yes pirates or kidnappers. Sailing is a nice hobby, yet the gear on their vessel is more than most people (in the lands they visit) make in a lifetime. There's also no incentive to protect tourists on the water; too anonymous to truly invest any time in a disappearance. More safety in numbers, tour groups and established resorts.

According to CIA Factbook
Honduras, the second poorest country in Central America, suffers from extraordinarily unequal distribution of income, as well as high underemployment. While historically dependent on the export of bananas and coffee, Honduras has diversified its export base to include apparel and automobile wire harnessing. Refugees and internally displaced persons: 190,000 from violence, extortion, threats, forced recruitment by urban gangs, transshipment point for drugs and narcotics; corruption is a major problem; some money-laundering activity.

Not typically an alarmist, I just think "Project Atticus" might wish to stop begging for money online and trying to sell their life as a reality show. But, hey, it's their lives to give. Working 40+ is certainly not much fun either. Except when the US Navy has to go find them and then it's my taxes and my goodwill being sacrificed.

Aye, let them reach the Roaring Forty and see a fifty foot wave. Something which circles the globe unstopped by land. Strong westerly winds tear that fiberglass hull ship asunder. (Yes, I am a sailor by out of Marina Del Rey, not with Santa Ana blowing.)

Yours,

red

Message Replies:

Create a New Thread

Reply to this Message:
Name:  
Display Email On Reply Page:  Yes: No:
Email:  
Type "Spammers Suck":  
Message Title:  
| Home |
copyright SpaceGamer, LLC 2003