Vox Populi Forum

Link back to Spacegamer Here!

Did the writers of this season ever watch the rest of the show?

From the first scene of the first episode ever we're shown the threat of the white walkers. We knew it was real as the characters had their petty squabbles over the throne. We knew the real threat as a few characters started to learn the truth, and no one in the south would believe them. We knew the inevitable truth, that the bickering factions were going to have to wake up, see the real threat, set aside their differences and fight together to avoid annihilation. It was their only chance.

And then they wiped out the night king and his undead army in one episode where less characters died than the red wedding. Oh. I guess he wasn't the real threat. I guess the last 7 seasons of build up was...what? An accident? A red herring? A big joke on the viewers?

I agree with everything Red said above.

Yours,

Greg "Khaleesi" Squires

Message Replies:
Unless it's a setup... -- Greg (posted: 5/11/2019) 
I hear you ... or ... Perhaps it was right to quibble over a swordy throne .... -- Iron Conrad (posted: 5/12/2019) 
The real threat -- red (posted: 5/11/2019) 
Just cast Patrick Duffy -- Bobby Ewing Mike (posted: 5/11/2019) 
The checks cash just the same .... -- Iron Conrad (posted: 5/12/2019) 
Web is Pacific Garbage Pile -- red (posted: 5/12/2019) 
Hehe ... You used Google to find something ... and .... -- Iron Conrad (posted: 5/12/2019) 
It's storytelling, but not gaming -- red (posted: 5/12/2019) 
May have found some -- red (posted: 5/12/2019) 
When is the Dog ALLOWED to bite the Master's Hand? -- Iron Conrad (posted: 5/13/2019) 
This was a awesome game session -- Fredrick Rourk (posted: 5/13/2019) 
Sure about that? -- red (posted: 5/13/2019) 
One of the best of Critical Role -- Fredrick Rourk (posted: 5/13/2019) 
Fake Play -- red (posted: 5/13/2019) 
I like the one where the dude rolls a 1 and the Ref gives him the clue .... -- Iron Conrad (posted: 5/13/2019) 
Dead Air -- red (posted: 5/13/2019) 
Eureka -- red (posted: 5/14/2019) 

Create a New Thread

Reply to this Message:
Name:  
Display Email On Reply Page:  Yes: No:
Email:  
Type "Spammers Suck":  
Message Title:  
| Home |
copyright SpaceGamer, LLC 2003