Generate Standard Mission
Generate Underworld Mission
What is this Madness!!!
Spacegamer.com - Standard Barony Mission:
This uses the Tarot Card to Generate a "Standard" Mission on the Fly as described in Designing Fantasy Missions as part of the Barony Set. (Standard means it is not focused exclusively on an Underworld.) No attempt is made here to define each of the finer points.
To begin, determine who the mission is offered to and call them the Party Leader (to accept / reject Mission).
This mission is temporary. Copy it out now if you want it. (It pastes nicely into Word.)
- King Rods: Landed Noble; a Baron or other high born official who governs an area under the authority of a more powerful emperor or monarch. In these more troubled times, as kings loose their rights and their kingdoms are being dismantled, such a man may wield unrestricted power in an area ("here I am the law"). Inverted, Urban Aristocrat; a lord who manages and rules a city or port for a more powerful emperor or monarch. As with baron, this city may only pay lip-service or bear false allegiance to the rightful king or emperor.
- (Inverted) 3 Rods: Act as a champion for the Patron in a duel or fight in an arena spectacle. Inverted, substitute for Patron's military obligation; such a practice is legal in most countries (important men avoid a general draft by hiring a replacement to serve instead); when illegal, Patron asks one player to impersonate him and take his place on the battle rosters.
- (Inverted) Knave Cups: Men and resources of an entire city stand in way. Inverted, Patron's immediate family (wife or son) is opposed.
- (Inverted) Death: Untimely natural death will slay an important NPC during the mission (should not be Patron or Rival). Inverted, one player's favorite weapon will break during the Climax of this scenario.
- 9 Coins: Openly or hidden religious purpose. Inverted, openly or hidden magical purpose.
- (Inverted) Knight Swords: Before financing the mission, the Patron will threaten the players --"take anything needed, but need what's taken"; players are well advised to limit their requests. Inverted, Patron threatens the players not to cheat him, but after this initial confrontation, he will become quite generous.
- 9 Swords: Scoundrel or Rogue. Inverted, Notorious Bully or Strongarm.
On the way to the Mission Climax, the Party will travel through three game Phases which may be short or long (depending on the Tarot cards drawn). These represent the obstacles and challenges along the way to the Ultimate Climax of the Mission.
(A) Initial Successes:
(B) Challenges on the Journey:
(C) Final Travel to the Climax:
Referee creates the flow of the climax OR refer to Designing Fantasy Missions!!!
Come on Back and maybe we'll have a generator in for you. Otherwise, use the Temple and Castles from our Legacy tools. (Hey, or buy the books!!!!!)
Copyright Better Games and SpaceGamer LLC