Generate Standard Mission
Generate Underworld Mission
What is this Madness!!!
Spacegamer.com - Standard Barony Mission:
This uses the Tarot Card to Generate a "Standard" Mission on the Fly as described in Designing Fantasy Missions as part of the Barony Set. (Standard means it is not focused exclusively on an Underworld.) No attempt is made here to define each of the finer points.
To begin, determine who the mission is offered to and call them the Party Leader (to accept / reject Mission).
This mission is temporary. Copy it out now if you want it. (It pastes nicely into Word.)
- (Inverted) 3 Swords: Past Rival; person the players once faced before in combat. Seldom a player Enemy, but more often a person who has fought the players and respects their abilities ("but everyone we ever faced, we killed"). Patron wants a truce and has a deal that benefits both parties. Inverted, Agent of Past Rival; a person who is the representative of a current Enemy of players. Again, this person wants a genuine truce - he needs the players - but he is not so stupid as to face them in person. The agent may also hide the fact he represents an Enemy, but the deception is not made to cheat the players; rather, he conceals his leader's identity, knowing players would refuse a deal in principle, though it profits all.
- (Inverted) Knight Coins: Rob someone. Inverted, strongarm someone to repay a debt.
- Queen Coins: Notorious demi-human stronghold or underworld is the site of Climax. Inverted, Rival is secretly the ruler of a notorious demi-human stronghold.
- Queen Cups: Capture love or attention of another mindful of mission. Inverted, trying to capture the attention of someone; but regardless of players' success, this will not happen, and players will be blamed.
- 2 Rods: Limited wealth, but provides slaves as bearers or companions. Inverted, Patron has no wealth except an NPC slave, a master of all skills who will prove invaluable.
- (Inverted) 8 Rods: Notorious Gambler. Inverted, Speculator or Prospector.
On the way to the Mission Climax, the Party will travel through three game Phases which may be short or long (depending on the Tarot cards drawn). These represent the obstacles and challenges along the way to the Ultimate Climax of the Mission.
(A) Initial Successes:
(B) Challenges on the Journey:
(C) Final Travel to the Climax:
Referee creates the flow of the climax OR refer to Designing Fantasy Missions!!!
Come on Back and maybe we'll have a generator in for you. Otherwise, use the Temple and Castles from our Legacy tools. (Hey, or buy the books!!!!!)
Copyright Better Games and SpaceGamer LLC