Generate Standard Mission
Generate Underworld Mission
What is this Madness!!!
Spacegamer.com - Standard Barony Mission:
This uses the Tarot Card to Generate a "Standard" Mission on the Fly as described in Designing Fantasy Missions as part of the Barony Set. (Standard means it is not focused exclusively on an Underworld.) No attempt is made here to define each of the finer points.
To begin, determine who the mission is offered to and call them the Party Leader (to accept / reject Mission).
This mission is temporary. Copy it out now if you want it. (It pastes nicely into Word.)
- Ace Cups: Priest of One True God; leader in the theological movement who seeks to rid the world of the unbalancing power of magic. One of the principle tenets is that there is only one God, and he has no name; short of this, these men all actively seek to rid the world of the Dark One. Many barons agree with this philosophy, and allow these priests to convert the populace ("be faithful to God's appointed members on earth"). These men are like any men, driven by ambition and greed. The fact the party of players uses magic may not be enough sacrilege to keep Patron from seeking their services ("we must all find faith in our own ways"). Inverted, Healer or Physician; person who uses science (natural herbs) and incantations to cure sickness and heal wounds. These are often a sub-faction of the priests, taking a humbler view that right can not be mandated, but simply shown by example. Faith makes these men powerful healers.
- 6 Rods: Hunt down and slay a vicious monster. Inverted, intercept and disrupt the hunt for a vicious monster; Patron does not want Rival to succeed and gain glory (monster can be assumed neutral and will also threaten players who also may not slay the beast).
- (Inverted) 4 Rods: Local government and constables will approach to try and stop mission right at start. Inverted, local group of thieves will approach to try and stop mission right at start.
- (Inverted) Knight Coins: Detained by duties; player acts on his behalf. Inverted, Patron has other business and wishes players to act on his behalf, yet they will be observed by third party spy or enforcer.
- (Inverted) Ace Rods: Rich landowner, but hates travel; pays handsomely to avoid personal involvement. Inverted, Patron is rich landowner, that hates travel far away from his lands; pays handsomely to avoid personal involvement; utmost importance not to bother Patron after start (Queen encounters per Encounters pamphlet should be ignored).
- (Inverted) 7 Rods: Lord of Port. Inverted, Urban Aristocrat.
- (Inverted) Hermit: Person is a relative of the Patron. Inverted, illegitimate, disowned or black-sheep.
On the way to the Mission Climax, the Party will travel through three game Phases which may be short or long (depending on the Tarot cards drawn). These represent the obstacles and challenges along the way to the Ultimate Climax of the Mission.
(A) Initial Successes:
(B) Challenges on the Journey:
(C) Final Travel to the Climax:
Referee creates the flow of the climax OR refer to Designing Fantasy Missions!!!
Come on Back and maybe we'll have a generator in for you. Otherwise, use the Temple and Castles from our Legacy tools. (Hey, or buy the books!!!!!)
Copyright Better Games and SpaceGamer LLC