Generate Standard Mission
Generate Underworld Mission
What is this Madness!!!
Spacegamer.com - Standard Barony Mission:
This uses the Tarot Card to Generate a "Standard" Mission on the Fly as described in Designing Fantasy Missions as part of the Barony Set. (Standard means it is not focused exclusively on an Underworld.) No attempt is made here to define each of the finer points.
To begin, determine who the mission is offered to and call them the Party Leader (to accept / reject Mission).
This mission is temporary. Copy it out now if you want it. (It pastes nicely into Word.)
- King Swords: Warlord; a person who holds a domain by virtue of his own force (often magical) or that of his army. This may be a difficult time, and the Warlord's duties keep him from completing a task that he may otherwise have enjoyed performing himself ("with great power comes greater responsibility"). Unlike the secretive and paranoid hereditary monarchs, the Warlord ("having faced perhaps terrors more frightening than mortal men") meets directly with the players when proposing his deal -- players risk death by refusing. Inverted, Soldier representing; an agent from a powerful Warlord comes to the players to offer the Mission; Warlord himself is detained elsewhere -- "so we can refuse right?"
- Ace Cups: Kidnap someone. Inverted, divert or remove a person from a location for specified period of time.
- Hanged Man: Mission will only succeed if a player gives his life to complete the deed. Inverted, a player need not lose his life, but an object or ability of great value must be sacrificed or lost.
- (Inverted) 9 Cups: Must traverse many unexplored or rugged-arduous miles of both land and water before entering Climax. Inverted, accidentally cross an area where a wizard conducts powerful conjuration that changes physical laws over nature -- "why don't my arrows fly straight?"
- 2 Coins: Control a regional area. Inverted, dominate a port's trade or shipping.
- (Inverted) King Rods: Wealthy, but without local power and influence. Inverted, Patron was once the leading government official; he has wealth, but has since lost political power.
- Queen Swords: Noble Woman. Inverted, Queen Dowager (mother of monarch).
On the way to the Mission Climax, the Party will travel through three game Phases which may be short or long (depending on the Tarot cards drawn). These represent the obstacles and challenges along the way to the Ultimate Climax of the Mission.
(A) Initial Successes:
(B) Challenges on the Journey:
(C) Final Travel to the Climax:
Referee creates the flow of the climax OR refer to Designing Fantasy Missions!!!
Come on Back and maybe we'll have a generator in for you. Otherwise, use the Temple and Castles from our Legacy tools. (Hey, or buy the books!!!!!)
Copyright Better Games and SpaceGamer LLC